Yesterday was such a busy day! Fashion's Night Out as well as the VMA's! I think this was a bit dissapointing as some celebs who I think would have rocked the red carpet were busy with New York Fashion Week or Fashion's Night Out, and rightly so!
Those who read my blog posts often will know that I love to give a run down of the best and worst of what was seen on the red carpet! So this is how it goes....I pick 5 of the best & 5 of the worst. Number 1 being the best/worst. Remember this is just my personal opinion and I know with this post some people will be shocked with some of my picks.... so here we go!
1. Katy Perry (Dress by Elie Saab)I think Katy looked absolutely stunning in this top leather bodice and sheer skirt. So appropriate for the VMA's its cute and flirty with the colours but the leather and the sheer allow it to still remain sexy as ever! Her hair and make-up just add to how stunning she looked, and for this Katy you are my VMA 2012 Best Dressed winner!
|Accessories: Jimmy Choo shoes & Rings by Sethi.|
2. Rihanna ( Dress By Adam Selman)Well I dont even think I need to comment much on Rihanna's whole look everything was just BEAUTIFUL! I think most people thought that I would give Rihanna the best dressed title, which I think she deserved but looking at how amazing she looked at the grammy's im not sure this topped that. I LOVE LOVE LOVE her Pixie cut! She looks so elegant almost like a young Halle Berry and her red lipstick is her best accessory! Simply beautiful.
|Accessories: Simple studs by Neil Lane (earrings)|
3. Miley Cyrus (Dress by Emilio Pucci)Miley looks gorgeous in this Emilio Pucci gown, it compliments her new hair crop which i love. It seems that this autumn/winter Short may just be the new long! The contrast with Miley's bleach blonde hair and the elegance of the long black gown looked absolutely fab!
And not forgetting her Edie Parker clutch...JUST FAB!
|Accessories: Eddie Parker Box Clutch & Lorraine Schwartz Jewls.|
4. Amber RoseAmber has done hot and pregnant very well! I love the lace I think it looked so good next to Fiancée Wiz Khalifa's punk rock look.The fact it was skin tight still remained to Amber's style in embracing her curves but the length and even the colour is something that challenged what we usually see her in. Congrats to Amber Rose & Wiz Khalifa!
|Elegant & Simple Black Laced Dress.|
5. Zoe Saldana (Dress by Salvatoe Ferragamo)I wasn't in love with this outfit but I believe Zoe Saldada always does simple well. Having a natural tone dress against her beautiful skin complexion is an instant winner! Love the lace up shoes also!
|Accessories: Strappy Ferragamo sandals.|
1. Emma Watson ( Top & Skirt by Peter Pilotto)OH DEAR, OH DEAR! Someone help Emma please! This clashing of patterns really wasn't as successful as I think Emma Watson may have thought. Nothing works and the shoes are just hideous.....Although they are Mr Louboutin.....
2. Nicki Minaj In.... WHO CARES!
Where to start? As usual Nicki Minaj has done so well at drawing attention to herself on the red carpet and as usual its not for the right reasons! I think Nicki next time should surprise us all and maybe just wear something normal?
3. Rita Ora ( Jumpsuit by Emilio Pucci)This was my biggest disappointment of the night! Rita Ora is just so beautiful but this sequin jumpsuit just did nothing for her! I love the cleavage mesh plunge but the cut of the jumpsuit just did not suit her. However, Rita changed into a fab Haute Couture gown ( Stephanie Rolland) Whilst presenting an award with Demi Lovato i think the dress would have bagged her a spot on the best dressed list if she wore it on the red carpet.
|The the second gown! Should have worn that on the red carpet RITA!|
4. Demi Lovato (Sequin dress- Topshop)
|Cute, But Not Hot....Yawn|
5. Alicia Keys ( Dress By Alexandre Vautheir)
I just dont think this is a great comeback dress....Im not a fan of the material or the style for Alicia. She is sooo beautiful I could kind of look past the downfall of the dress, but to make such a great comeback with her new single etc I feel that she could have done much better.
(BUT SHE ROCKED HER STAGE OUTFIT!)
|Stunning But BAD style of dress for Alicia|
2 Outfits in which i am still sooo undecided with would be Pink & Taylor Swift!
1. Pink (Dress By Stella Mcartney)
2. Taylor Swift (Suit by J.Mendel)
What Do You Guys Think?
Should they be added to the best or worst dressed list? Im still very undecided!
TO WATCH THE VMA'S IN THE UK ITS ON TONIGHT ( 7/09/2012) AT 9PM ON MTV!
Hope you enjoyed reading!